I am a Baha'i (Part A)


I grew up in a Baha'i family, so it has been a part of who I am for as long as I can remember.



During my early teens I questioned whether or not I wanted to be a Baha'i. I needed to find out for myself. I attached myself to my friends, to a boyfriend and made that my world. When that relationship dissolved. I soon realized that I could not make people or relationships be my whole world..So much in life changes..people change, relationships come and go. I felt the only thing that I could truly trust to be with me eternally was my faith.



I started to say prayers every day and I found pieces of a puzzle that had been so random before, come together into a pattern that made sense. It felt magical and I think I owe the insights simply to saying prayers "every day". I had felt so much emotional pain and the prayers brought me insights that freed me from that pain. It gave me a way out through insight..emtional, spiritual, mental insight.



When I was 17; I realized within myself that "spiritual reality" was what was truly real; and that that was where I wanted to "exist". It both comforted and intrigued me. I was hooked and became a very active youth.



After high school, I did a Baha'i youth year of service on the Taylor Rubino Project in Ludington, Michigan. (more on this at a later date). That year gave me a foundation and identity that kept me going and out of trouble through college. I already had a moral core that my parents helped me cultivate, but this strengthened it.



And now as a parent, I hope I can "give" this to my children.


I am sooo glad for the "path" that kept me from wasting my time with drugs, etc.. The "intoxicated" culture did not appeal to me...it felt so false to me. I have only ever wanted to be "real" I never wanted to "play" the game..especially in my relationships. It gave me a sharper edge in my "purpose" that helped direct me to exactly where I really wanted to go...my career, where I wanted to live, and now my family. I honestly owe all I have for that sense of direction.

It wasn't easy to reach this point, but now that I'm here, I am very grateful.



There is sooo much more I could say, but for now, I will settle for this to be a part A (brief) intro-

For more information on what the Baha'i Faith is, visit: http://www.bahai.us/

Comments