SoulPancake | How do you retain a sense of childlike wonder in your art?


SoulPancake How do you retain a sense of childlike wonder in your art?


I think my father has the gift of wonderment.  He loves to go on trips, and he gets so excited about it.  He chooses the window seat and watches everything that goes by.  He is in his seventies and still finds so much excitement and wonder from doing that.  How many of us go on trips and bury our heads in the movie or a book and do not even take the time to look out the window to see what goes by?  I admire this about my father and I see this gift also in my son...the gift of wonderment.  It is a precious gift--finding awe in simple things in life...true awe.  in nature...in art..in a campfire, etc..  How wonderful my father still can find that awe in his seventies! 

Comments