Haiti

I almost don't want to think about the eathquake in Haiti...and all the people who are suffering right now. Each time something like this happens...I become overwhelmed with the images of the people..and the fear that it could happen to us and the guilt for my own comforts while others are suffering. Our mortal life is so fragile. Our comforts could be fleeting. It is a reminder of that fact. I am honestly, very accustomed to being "comfortable"...the discomforts I feels are miniscule in contrast to what people are going through in Haiti right now. It is important to donate money if you can...or to help others who are suffering..I am glad that there are easy ways to donate towards the victims in Haiti.

One of the easiest, I found was to Text "HAITI" to 90999. The red Cross will get $10 and you'll be billed the $ on your next cell bill. I think $10 is worth it to help save a life. One less lunch out...



"When a crisis sweeps over the world no person should hope to remain intact. We belong to an organic unit and when one part of the organism suffers all the rest of the body will feel its consequence." -Bahá’í Scriptures

Comments