Rainbow: Blessings and Tests



picture from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Double-alaskan-rainbow.jpg

Stepped out of the house and there was a break in the clouds as the sun shone so brightly and generated so much warmth! Then at the same time, it started to shower. My daughter exclaimed, "sun and rain--that makes a rainbow!" I looked behind us to look for one and it brought a burst of joy to my heart...a perfectly formed full rainbow..that lasted only as long as the sun was out from the clouds. Felt like a blessing to share that moment with my daughter...and I thought of the Baha'is on trial and in prison in Iran...and how blessings and tests/hardships are so often linked.


Quotation from 'Abdu'l-Baha'

The more difficulties one sees in the world the more perfect one becomes. The more you plough and dig the ground the more fertile it becomes. The more you cut the branches of a tree the higher and stronger it grows. The more you put the gold in the fire, the purer it becomes. The more you sharpen the steel by grinding the better it cuts. Therefore, the more sorrows one sees the more perfect one becomes. That is why, in all times, the Prophets of God have had tribulations and difficulties to withstand. The more often the captain of a ship is in the tempest and difficult sailing the more greater his knowledge becomes. Therefore I am happy that you have had great tribulations and difficulties . . . Strange it is that I love you and still I am happy that you have sorrows. ('Abdu'l-Bahá, Star of the West, vol. XIV, no. 2, p. 41)

Comments