What's left in my pantry-thinking about canning

Been reading other blogs lately..getting ideas.  What a rich source of information and experience that has developed on the web.  What a wonderful forum to share---finding a newfound appreciation for blogging.  Viggie Veggieshttp://viggiesveggies.com/ is experimenting on using a pressure canning and it is making me think abot what I could do with that...  A couple of years ago, I started using a waterbath canner, and this is what I have left from that canning experience.  We've used up most of it.  I had quite a spree of it..made blackberry, strawberry-rhubarb jam, dilly beans, salsa, tomato sauce, pear butter, canned pears, pickles, and I even did some dehydrating--tomatoes, blueberries, strawberries, and cherries.  (almost gone now, but I also still have lots in my freezer from last season that I need to use up now to make room for this season) Perhaps, if I pressure-canned, I wouldn't need quite so much freezer space.. Hmmmm..

Well, for the fun of it, here is a couple pics of my emptying pantry:

There is also the idea of using lacto-fermentation...haven't done too much with that yet..made saurkraut once..perhaps a combo.. I wonder how much work it is to pressure can??  would it be less laborous than the water bath method?

Comments