The Magic and Art in Crafting




I am learning how to make quilts at Pine Needle Quilt Shop.  I am taking a beginner's class. 

http://www.pineneedlequiltshop.com/  It has been on my bucket list for quite awhile.  I love quilts: how they can be symbolic, personal, sentimental, ancient, artistic, and beautiful!!!  I am finally, figuring out some of the mystery behind their construction..And in this month of Thanksgiving, I am so grateful for being able to learn these crafts.

I think that is one of the reasons I do this: knit, quilt, garden, and cook.The mystery. I used to look at the art of other people's crafts as if they had done something magical.  Learning how, is finding out the secret, and I am addicted to that!  (in a good way, I think)  Then once I learn, I have a skill that produces something I can pass on..a hat to give away as a special gift..or a shawl..  The below picture is probably the finest thing I have made so far. It is not perfect, but its art is amazing to me..the lace pattern, the color and texture of the yarn..When I do this, I feel like a magician and that is so empowering!  


Comments