Constipation Aids for Toddler or Anyone

My little one is constipated right now, so I looked up some foods that could help.  I am crossing my fingers that it will help her.  The good news she liked both drinks and at the very least, it was a way to get more fluid and fiber into her.

Here are the two things I made for her this morning.

Smoothie for Constipation
1 celery
1 prune
1 strawberry
water
(pear/apricots/blueberries would be a good choices too, I think).

Tea for Constipation  (fennel grows really well here in the NW. You can also grow your own chamomile as well in your yard or in pots)  This tea has a very nice flavor, in my opinion)
steep with:
fennel
chamomile
ginger
honey

Other Remedies:
 Lots of walking
applesauce
popcorn and olive oil

Comments

  1. Hi Melinda,

    I like to put a tablespoon or two of ground flaxseeds (I grind in a coffee grinder) in a small dish and then add boiling or really hot water. You can either make it thick (like a slimy pudding) or water it down so you can drink it. I think it's good to take warm--and best to take with enough warm water. Add stevia or honey to sweeten. I found it works well to drink before bed, and then hopefully the slippery seeds will do the trick by the next morning! Hope the littlest one feels better soon! Take care, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try an enema , child fleet enema or a suppository.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment