Holy Moly What am I Doing?

Day 21: of 21 day sugar detox

I have lost about 5 pounds.  I haven't been totally wheat free, or 100 percent no sugar, but I have drastically changed my diet.  I am happy to say, I am eating very little wheat(and only whole wheat)..and very very little sugar.  And I am not ending today.  I feel better, much better.  More energy, and I feel thinner.

I am also at the same time, going to go by bike whenever I can.
I picked up my (new to me) Breezer Xtracycle on Saturday and tomorrow will be my first time taking it grocery shopping. I took it out for a spin today to practice a little.

I am fighting a cold and feel a bit out of sorts and having a wave of fear about the whole thing.  It has started to rain. What am I doing?  yikes!  (nervous about lugging baby and groceries on hills tomorrow)  I'm having a down-day..a hurtle day.  Having a cold is taking away some of my steam; courage..  I think I am at the next phase of this change. I got through the first 3 weeks and accomplished quite a bit, but now I am worried about backsliding; worried about failing myself, now that I have made this commitment.  Tomorrow will hopefully help me gain some confidence.  I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

This morning I made pumpkin pancakes with no wheat and no sugar.
http://balancedbites.com/2012/10/easy-recipe-pumpkin-pancakes-from-practical-paleo.html
It felt good to also attempt enticing my children into eating this way too.

Comments