Wheat and Sugar Free Pizza



I adapted a recipe from this blog:  http://www.paleocupboard.com/paleo-pizza.html
the author of this blog also has instructions for making paleo cheese as well!  I wasn't  that adventurous..nor did I have the time tonight to try that.  I'm not eliminating cheese from our diets anyway.  but, her recipe for cheese looked quite tastey!

to make the crust for this pizza.  It was really really good.  The crust was like a really good pie crust (to me)

I doubled the recipe from the blog because I have 5 people in my family to feed.

For 2 pizzas to feed 5-7 people.
I used 4 eggs
3 cups of almond flour
1/2 cup of tapioca flour
1/2 cup of almond flour/plus more to put under the pizza while rolling it. (you really do need parchment paper to roll it on top)
salt
oregano
basil
garlic powder

I am not putting all the instructions here, because I think it is not quite my recipe. I encourage you to visit her blog.  I may play around more with the recipe to see how these different flours work and taste and see what works best for us.  I am quite happy, however, with this first attempt!

Comments